Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Session 7 - Greg Laurie


  • "It's later than it's ever been before."

  • Live in light of the immanent return of Jesus

  • We have been called to proclaim the Gospel, and remind them of the urgency of the time

  • Bible prophecy should stir me to purity & godly living

  • The teaching of Jesus' return is a litmus test of where one is with the Lord

    • If I'm in love w/Him, that would excite me

    • But if I'm not...



  • Chuck didn't reach Greg by trying to be relevant - he was biblical and authentic

  • Passion to reach the lost

  • There was no youth group.

  • There was (an is) an emphasis on the immanent return of Jesus

  • If antichrist is close, Jesus is closer...

  • I am to:

    • Wake up

      • Get out of "spiritual cruise control"

      • Is it an alarm clock or a calling that gets me out of bed

      • Give younger men an opportunity to speak @ church

      • The Sixties are over.

      • Again: enjoy the day of small beginnings

      • Take risks

      • If you fail - fail big!!!

      • Peter sunk - but nobody else walked on water

      • Faithfulness is success



    • Sober up

      • Clear-headed



    • Suit up

      • The helmet - protect my thoughts

      • Worry? Why?

      • I need to train myself to pray instead of worry.

        • Conditioned reflexes can become natural reflexes



      • "Lord, this is your church..."

      • Finish well

      • "We must replace one passion with another passion"





  • I must avoid anything that hinders God's calling.

    • ANYTHING.

    • "...be Christ's men from head to foot..."




No comments: