Thursday, June 05, 2008

Session 12 - Chuck Smith



  • A bitter Christian is no credit to the Gospel

  • Tearing, looking at the negative

  • I have so many things to rejoice over

  • Not many verses that tell us to gripe

  • Many that tell us to build up and rejoice


  • It's problematic to find that which is evil & camp on it, instead of finding what is good.

  • Abiding in Jesus is fullness of joy

    • Difference between happiness and joy

      • Happiness - based on externals

      • Joy - based on the Lord, not related to outward circumstances, based on relationship w/Jesus





  • If I am in a right relationship with Jesus, I WILL have joy

    • Rejoice evermore - should/needs to be a constant



  • Prayer

    • Communion

    • Petition

      • Jesus encourages us to pray for our needs



    • Intercession

      • Where I see beyond my own borders

      • Take your cares, make them your prayers





  • I can't give thanks for everything, unless I'm convinced that God is working everything for the good

  • The Spirit is grieved & quenched when we don't submit to His leading

    • When I react in fear



  • Ninja Chuck vs. The Fly

  • Despise not prophecies

    • Keep services orderly

    • No, peeps are not going to just stand up in public, general services & start babbling off

      • "yes...I'm quenching... your spirit, anyway..."



    • At the same time - don't despise prophecy

      • ...only, test all things, that you might hold fast to what is good



    • The teaching of the Word is not that spectacular - but it's lasting.



  • Abstain from every appearance of evil

    • For pastors - tnis is especially important

    • I cannot be too careful at this point



  • The natural mind cannot understand the things of the Spirit


  • No comments: